Join us Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at the Santa Monica Public Library (main branch) - DOWNSTAIRS in the auditorium. This month we have a spectacular lineup of topics and presentations centered around Drupal Themeing plus the issues and solutions surrounding deployment of Drupal in a changing production environment.
- GENERAL PRESENTATION: What, How, & Why to use Drupal for Firebug by Frank Anderson (frob)
- ADVANCED PRESENTATION: Content Type and Views Themeing - Take Control! by Mike Land of http://www.wearelanding.com
- SHOP TALK: Deployment issues & solutions by Tom Friedhof of www.ActiveLamp.com
- LIGHTNING TALKS (5min ea): Open Floor. Come share something cool, new, and Drupalie!
- Open lab time from 6pm-7pm; main meetup 7pm-9pm.
- Wi-fi and raffle prizes, including various Drupal books or DVD's and subscriptions from www.BuildAModule.com!!!
Plus the event is FREE!!!!
(except nominal parking fee if you park at the library)
When: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 from 6:00-9:00pm
Where: Santa Monica Public Library: MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. AUDITORIUM
601 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401 - Map
After hours: After the meetup, it is typical for many of us to meet at a local restaurant or pub for additional Drupal networking. We will post the venue info prior to the meetup; if you have a suggestion, please leave a comment.
* LA DRUPAL Open Lab - Bring your laptop and drupal problems for help or contribute to an issue in the queue.
* Lightning Talk prep - need help getting a lightning talk together, show up to the pre-meetup lab and we can help!
* Early Networking - looking to chat with folks before the meetup begins, this is your chance.
* GENERAL PRESENTATION: What, How, & Why to use Drupal for Firebug by Frank Anderson (frob)
* ADVANCED PRESENTATION: Content Type and Views Themeing - Take Control! by Mike Land of http://www.wearelanding.com
* LOCAL SHOP PROCESSES: Deployment issues & solutions by Tom Friedhof of www.ActiveLamp.com
* LIGHTNING TALKS (5min ea): Open Floor. Come share something cool, new, and Drupalie!
* Users Helping Users - bring up a question to the crowd and see how they can help you overcome your latest Drupal roadblock.
* Raffle prizes
* Job announcements
* Networking - bring your business cards
* Drupal After Dark - hang with the community for a drink or bite to eat, after the meetup.
HOWTO: Drupal for Firebug by Frank Anderson
Frank will show how to make use of the spectacular Drupal for Firebug plugin. What it is. Uses for it. How to use it. And current status of the project.
Content Type and Views Themeing - Take Control! - by Mike Land
Take complete control of how you display content on your site. Break away from the boring default displays that Drupal provides out of the box and add some real customization to your themes.
What Will Be Covered?
In this session, attendees will learn how to create and theme custom node-type and Views templates. We'll also take a look at some secret tricks-of-the-trade to add an extra layer of very useful configurable theme options to your content types, allowing for advanced control over how your content is displayed.
Who Should Come?
If you're a designer who is new to Drupal and don't know where to start, or if you're a themer who's got a decent handle on Drupal and you want to learn some methods that help you REALLY take control of your themes, you should attend. The methods that I will cover in this session we're the "Ahah!" moments that really made my life as a Drupal themer so much easier.
About the Presenter:
Mike Land is the Director and Landing, an Orange County based web development shopt that creates vibrant websites and powerful web applications built with Drupal. . www.WeAreLanding.com
SHOP TALK HIGHLIGHT: www.ActiveLamp.com CEO Tom Friedhof
Come gain Drupal insights from local Drupal shop CEO Tom Friedhof of Active Lamp. Active Lamp has been an active member of the Drupal community for years, and Tom has been in the trenches and has valuable lessons to share. Recently he blogged about Aegir and deployment. He also has a great sandbox project related to confguration management, read more here: http://www.activelamp.com/blog/why-configuration-module-over-features-mo... -- and you might even checkout Tom's blog about one of our other presenters tonight, Fank Anderson, who has a sandbox project for tracking Google Analytics events.