Academica Group has evolved significantly from its origins 14 years ago as a market research company, to encompass marketing strategy, branding, print creative, e-community portals and web technology for the higher education, Native American and not-for-profit sectors.
Over the past 14 years, our talented teams of researchers, strategists, designers, copywriters, and web developers have created effective, memorable communications for colleges, universities, government agencies, not-for-profit organizations and commercial enterprises. We’ve won local and national awards for design and strategic thinking, and have been recognized for our commitment to our clients, our staff, and the community.
Academica’s Digital Media division is looking for a new Manager of Product & Web Development to lead our team of software developers in all of our client-facing and internal technology projects. Additionally, the person in this position works to conceive and develop new product concepts and solutions for both our external clients and for our market research business.
• Manage team of software developers to ensure timely delivery of both external and internal projects
• Consult with other teams (such as our design department) to ensure implementation of project matches designs, information architecture, etc.
• Approve user-interface designs to ensure that they are technically feasible
• Create project implementation plans (includes content migration strategies)
• Provide regular status updates to clients and appropriately manage their expectations
• Develop new ideas for the company’s product & service offerings and take these ideas from concept to reality. Includes writing detailed technical specifications.
• Monitor and approve hours performed by software developers to ensure projects are profitable
• Assist with coding, bug fixing, testing, and content migration efforts when necessary
• Assist with writing project proposals
• Assist with the company’s sales efforts by discussing with potential clients the Digital Media division’s product and service offerings
• Develop new processes to increase the code quality and timely delivery of projects
Qualifications & Skills:
• Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
• Min 3-5 years of software development experience in industry
• Comfortable engaging with external clients both one-on-one and in group settings
• Comfortable giving presentations to large groups
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Past project management experience a bonus