We’re looking for experienced PHP developers to help develop and expand our portfolio of over 30 websites and apps.
Dennis Interactive is the profitable digital arm of privately owned Dennis Publishing, the UK’s leading independent and privately owned magazine, app and website publisher. Our brands include theweek.co.uk, expertreviews.co.uk, carbuyer.co.uk, cloudpro.co.uk,pcpro.co.uk, and autoexpress.co.uk. Collectively our websites attract over 10 million unique users a month. Nearly half of our advertising revenue is now digital, and over 40% of our revenue online comes from brands launched in the last 3 years.
Dennis has developed its own Drupal 7 Distribution, which all new sites are built upon, including www.theweek.co.uk. A handful of sites built last year are on Drupal 6 including www.carbuyer.co.uk. The remaining portfolio (20+ sites) are on various legacy platforms – the desire is to eventually migrate everything to the Drupal 7 Distro.
To build and improve various websites using Drupal – some will be new launches, others are migrations; To help develop additional functionality for the Dennis drupal distro; To help develop new functionality on existing Drupal sites.
· Drupal module development
· Creating complex Views and associated blocks; implementing hooks
· Creating functionality using Drupal 7 APIs such as Entity API, Form API, Field API (formerly CCK), etc.
· Evaluating, configuring, implementing and improving third-party contrib modules.
· Working with Drush and Install Profiles
· Able to work in a very fast paced, commercially driven environment under agile SCRUM/Kanban project management.
· Able to work on a variety of projects
You will have strong PHP knowledge and experience developing websites and applications or web services, ideally using Drupal or other content management frameworks, in a commercial environment. You must be able to work independently on projects as well as being able to collaborate as a strong team member, with excellent attention to detail.
Our relaxed head office is based in central London near Goodge Street tube. For this role unfortunately we would not consider remote working, and you must be eligible to work in the UK. We offer fantastic company benefits for permanent employees, including contributory pension, health care, 28 days annual holiday and a six-week fully-paid sabbatical after five years of service.
Required Skills & Experience
● Strong PHP 5.x (object-oriented and procedural) and MySQL development skills
● Experience with CMS site builds and module development (ideally Drupal 7)
● Knowledge of HTML, CSS, web standards, etc
● Comfortable with Linux command line
● A proven ability to learn
● Version control systems (Subversion, Mercurial, Git)
● Lucene and Apache SOLR or similar
● RESTful web services, security, caching, performance, high availability
● Experience working in media / publishing on content websites.
To apply, please send your CV to Jamie White, firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Strictly no recruitment agencies