girltank – a small and growing global social enterprise that empowers girl changemakers – is looking for a dynamic CTO to join the team. First assignment: All-expense paid trip to Santiago, Chile to code Phase 1 of our website.
We want someone with:
• Excellent front and back-end programming skills
• Experience creating production-quality websites
• Demonstrated ability to learn and master multiple programming languages with an eye for how they affect user experience
• Experience optimizing websites for mobile devices
We also want someone who feels at home in a small organization, can’t get enough of rapid prototyping and is a big fan of global citizenship, young women’s empowerment, online social networks, international travel and creative new technologies.
About the Opportunity:
Immediately, we want our CTO co-founder to develop a prototype platform on which our current 1000+ members can collaborate. Moving forward, we want someone to be the architect and coder of our full-blown online entrepreneurial ecosystem. Our CTO co-founder will be a great coder, have a vision for the future, and be creative in finding innovative technical solutions to support our thousands of community members. At girltank, you can do right by coding well!
• Location: We hope you like seafood and red wine. You’ll work side by side with girltank co-founder, Tara Roberts, for a one month, all-expense paid to Chile on a Phase 1 launch. Assuming we all like each other and want to work together, you’ll be able to work virtually from the location of your choice afterwards.
• Compensation: The CTO co-founder will be compensated for the month of work in Chile. After a successful trial period, equity will be built into the final agreement.
• Timeline: We’re moving fast! Applications are due by April 20, 2012
girltank connects and supports a global community of young women social entrepreneurs who are tackling a broad range of issues – from education to community health to sex trafficking. We help these young women articulate their impact and grow in their capacity as innovators by providing them a platform, a support network and a trove of practical resources to accelerate their vision. Thus far, we have about 1,000 young women in our network. We expect to grow to 10,000 members this year and be THE hub for young women with world changing ideas.
Please send your resume and cover letter to jobs [at] girltank [dot] org. Please include in the body of the email, links to any prior work or your online portfolio.