Penton is seeking a Drupal Developer to join the New Media team in the Overland Park, KS office.
This position will help build out its enterprise content management system. This is a high-profile project in the organization as we plan to make Drupal a significant part of our web infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create, enhance and maintain web sites built on the Drupal content management framework
• Develop custom Drupal modules – with an emphasis on scalability and reusability across a large number of web sites
• Assist administrative team in setting up new Drupal instances and maintaining existing setups
• Research emerging technologies to help identify enhancements to website user experience and/or internal CMS workflow.
• Implement bug fixes and assist with routine maintenance of existing websites
• Participate in all aspects of website development: analysis, planning, testing, development, maintenance.
• Must be an expert (or near expert) in every technology up and down the LAMP stack (especially PHP and MySQL)
• Strong experience developing Drupal modules (2+ years)
• Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML and other web standards
• Experience working with Solr and other search engines
• Background in traditional software development methodologies and environments
• Experience working on other programming languages a plus (python, .NET, etc.)
• Experience troubleshooting Linux is a big plus
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and consistently meet project deadlines
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
If you are interested in joining our dynamic organization and are ready to work smart, think fast, act radically and bravely, we would enjoy speaking with you about the opportunities available to join our team. Please submit your resume along with salary requirements for this job posting to: firstname.lastname@example.org