This thread is for all throughts about tracks and session selection. The group came up with the following questions to get the ball rolling:
- How many tracks and sessions?
- What is the right ratio of presentations and BOFs offerings to conference attendees? How do we determine more sessions vs larger rooms for sessions.
- What should the tracks be?
- Should there be track chairs and, if so, what are their responsibilities?
- When should the call for submissions be opened? For how long should it be open?
- How far out from the conference should the schedule be announced?
- What is the right balance between offering popular (e.g. voted) sessions and curated cohesive conference program?
We'll be discussing this topic and the responses listed in this thread as a group at our next IRC meeting, October 1, 2009 from 11am-noon Central time.