Last updated by mgifford on Tue, 2011-05-03 19:39
Drupal & Accessibility
I found the following three main places on drupal.org with documentation on accessibility:
- Theming Guide > Tools, best practices and conventions > Accessibility
Very thorough, contains sections on
- Getting Started > Accessibility and Drupal
General information and lots of links to further resources.
- Drupal core improvements > Accessibility
Mainly a list of links to accessibility related issues.
- Building Accessible Websites by Joe Clark - online edition
- Constructing Accessible Web Sites by Jim Thatcher et al.
- Dive Into Accessibility by Mark Pilgrim
- jQuery Accessible Tabs - How to make tabs REALLY accessible by Dirk Ginader
- Variations on Ginader's [Awesome] Accessible Tabs by Jason Kiss
- Firefox Accessibility Extension by iCITA (Illinois Center for Information Technology and Web Accessibility)
- Collection of Firefox Accessibility Add-ons
- Fangs – the screen reader emulator
- JAWS Keystrokes
- A11y.org IAccessible2
- A11y.org Keyboard Access Functional Specification, 1.0
- TabPanel widget design pattern in WAI-ARIA Best Practices
- Code Talks: Keyboard navigable JS widgets
- ARIA Tabpanel Example 1
WebAIM Keyboard Accessibility
- "More on Accesskeys" - on making accesskeys discoverable and modifiable
- Greasemonkey User Script to Manage Access Keys
Meta-accessibility - how to make accessibility features known to the user
- See (http://groups.drupal.org/node/35858) for some first thoughts on this issue.
More on Drupal.org http://drupal.org/node/394094#keyboard-only