Last updated by colan on Tue, 2015-02-24 23:44
Comparison of Social Network connectors/Sharing modules:
- Follow - adds sitewide and per user links that link to various social networking sites. The links reside in two blocks. The Follow Site block lists all the links for the site itself, and by default is visible on all pages. The Follow User block lists all the follow links for the user and is visible only on user profile pages.
- AddThis - supports multiple links, which are fetched from the network. integrates with AddThis service. provides a popups js box with links
- AddToAny Share/Bookmark Button - supports multiple links, which are fetched from the network. integrates with AddToAny service. provides a popups js box with links
- Service links - supports multiple links, which are indexed locally?. lists links in a row. works as both API and as standalone module in the 2.x-dev version
- Share - both and API and standalone module. integrates with Service links in the 2.x-dev version. allows defining custom links
- Sharebar - lets you easily add a "floating" social media submission bar on your website (like that found on Mashable) that includes share buttons for the most popular social media websites online such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google +1 Buttons etc
- ShareThis - supports multiple links. provides a popups js box with link. integrates with Share and Service links in the 2.x-dev version
- SexyBookmarks - good looking social share buttons. Drupal module is a port of the WordPress plug-in by the same name. D6 and D7, though this is now unsupported an obsolete
For the purpose of allowing sharing to multiple sites, i would recommend at this point the AddThis module, version 3.x-dev, with a close second, AddToAny, version 3.x-dev.
For the most basic need of showing icons that connect to your facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc, the Follow module could be your lightweight solution.
For other solutions see bellow:
(for microblogging see http://groups.drupal.org/node/21479)
http://drupal.org/project/diggable (Official Digg Inc. module)
Please add further modules, that connect to social networks.
|Module||Created||Updated||Users (2015-02-24)||D7||# of targets||Service req'd?||Docs|
|Service Links||2005-12-11||2014-07-03||33,569||25 + 49 beta||Site|