Senior Web Developer (GenealogyBank.com)
Location: Keene, NH or Chester, VT
This is an exciting opportunity for you to play a major role in taking one of the largest websites for family history research to the next level of success. We’re looking for a candidate who shares our enthusiasm for developing an amazing product, enjoys teamwork, and who will seek out growth opportunities while building a successful career with us.
GenealogyBank.com is one of the largest online newspaper archives for family history research. We deliver billions of valuable family history records, including historical government documents and a rare, comprehensive collection of newspapers from the 1690's through today. GenealogyBank is a division of NewsBank, inc., one of the world’s premier information providers for more than 40 years. We have a long average employee tenure and encourage professional growth from within.
Successful candidates must thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, have excellent interpersonal skills, and have skills in areas such as:
- Experience with using and administering the LAMP stack including highly-scalable MySQL, as well as caching systems such as NGINX / Varnish.
- Consumer-facing analytics solutions (Google, Omniture, other) and techniques used to track user behavior and sales conversion
- Communication and collaboration: sharing and shaping ideas, identifying opportunities, teamwork
- Self-motivation and a strong desire to learn, grow, and seek out new challenges
- Relevant educational and project experience, particularly as a member of a team, is a major plus
Become a key member of our highly motivated team and share in our continued success. This position can be based in our Keene, NH or Chester, VT office. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 802-875-3445.
EEO Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans - VEVRAA Federal Contractor