Working in conjunction with existing developers, the position of Senior Drupal Developer is primarily responsible for the design, development, and implementation of front-end enhancements to APQC’s (www.apqc.org) new external website and Knowledge Base. In addition, the senior developer is responsible for assisting with integrating Drupal with various internal APQC systems using an existing SOA infrastructure. This position works closely with business owners within membership, marketing, and research areas to develop enhancements to the site based on collaboratively-designed functionality. Proven knowledge and experience using Drupal is a must. The position is full-time, 0% travel, and is located in Houston, Texas.
- Work jointly with departmental process owners to design enhancements to the site
- Architect sound technical solutions using either existing Drupal modules or develop custom modules as necessary
- Create prototypes of desired enhancement requests and iteratively refine functionality with assistance from stakeholders
- Develop quality solutions in a timely manner using Drupal and related technologies
- Test and document finalized technical solutions
- Understand and stay informed on business processes that impact the site’s functionality including content management workflows.
- Provide clear, detailed descriptions of site issues as they arise and diagnose/repair issues in a timely manner
- Train new internal users on basic Drupal content management tasks and principles
- Provide closed-loop communications with stakeholders regarding status of site issues and requests
- Closely follow strict code promotion procedures
- Provide frequent status updates regarding work progress, needs, and risks as they arise
- Research and select alternative modules or technologies to meet business requirements as necessary.
- Oversee outsourced development tasks as necessary
- Web application design and architecture experience using Drupal
- Experience creating and revising Drupal themes
- Working knowledge of MySQL
- Experience designing and delivering web services
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of professional standards and quality.
- Knowledgeable of version control best practices
- Creativity and flexibility, high energy, and strong work ethic
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Education—Bachelor’s degree required
Please forward resumes and inquiries to Ashley White at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-681-4020.