Pune Drupal Community will be available along with volunteers to help and conduct !! Drupal 7 in a Day Session !! on 10th April 2016 . Session is open for all teachers and students from any branch and as per their interest to learn DRUPAL.
Date - 10th April 2016, 10 AM - 4:00 PM
Venue - College of Engineering, Pune, Wellesely Rd, Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411005
Eligibility - Open for all interested in Drupal.
- 10:00 AM - 10:15 AM -Welcome Note by COEP
- 10:15 AM - 12:15 PM - Introduction of Drupal - SESSION PART 1
- 12 :15 PM - 1:00 PM - Lunch Break
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM - SESSION PART 2
Session speakers :
Volunteers from community(This is tentative as few more will be joining) :
All the systems(preferred personal laptops) should be configured and ready to begin an interactive session so as to utilize everyone's time effectively and to make students understand more Drupal and get maximum of their queries resolved.
Following are the requirements:
System requirements: LAMP server.
Can Follow links :
Drupal 7 :- https://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/drupal-7.43.tar.gz
Drupal Modules :-
- Views - https://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/views-7.x-3.13.tar.gz
- Ctools - https://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/ctools-7.x-1.9.tar.gz
Syllabus which we would be covering :
- Evolution of the web
- Concept of content management system & its need.
- Drupal as a CMS
- Directory structure
- Core & contributed modules/themes (installation)
3. Content architecture (with hands on)
- Content type
4. Introduction to views
- View : a query builder
- Create a normal listing using views (page, block, slideshow)
- Different display formats (table, grid, lists, etc)
5. What if I get stuck?(To get best answers from)
- Drupal StackExchange
Outcome of the Session :- Students would able to build a website using Drupal!!
See you at COEP !!!