Screenshots and Reviews of CMS apps. Especially focused on areas where they outshine Drupal.
Relevant Experience: 4+ years
Skills & Experience Required:
• Minimum 4 years of software development experience in PHP-Drupal.
• Advance knowledge of LINUX shell commands
• Understanding of object-oriented software development.
• Knowledge of JSON and XML.
• Working experience on HTML, CSS
• Working experience on any IDE like Eclipse, Net Beans
• Overall understanding of open source architecture like LAMP.
• Good verbal and written skills.
Saforian, a web design agency located in Northern Virginia, developed an event app for the upcoming DrupalCon Portland. Our fun, interactive app simplifies the event experience by showing you what’s going on at the conference and the hot spots to check out in Portland, along with making it easy to connect with other Drupal lovers. Not only is the app loaded with useful easy-to-access information but the way it's presented and its user interface are incredibly fun and interactive.Read more
I stumbled on this evaluation of enterprise CMS's created last June by the University of Florida. The formal mission of this is to "...identify UF’s web publication needs, review the available options, and recommend an enterprise solution."
It comes to some interesting conclusions
- Drupal is ranked 7 out of 8
- The top three rankings are all proprietary solutions (Oracle being #1)
The end of the report weighs and grades each CMS on various categories. Its interesting to see where Drupal excels and where it was identified as insufficient.
The good news (I believe), is that many of the areas where we were identified as insufficient are being addressed in Drupal 8.
Anyway, I'll leave this here for anyone interested.Read more
Drupal core developer sun has written up a nice brain-dump of initial impressions of WordPress compared to Drupal, focusing mainly on the feature set, the installation and getting started experience:
Last updated by Aimee Degnan on Thu, 2011-10-27 21:49
I see that batsonjay has posted a few in-depth reviews of CMS systems recently. Do you have TeamSite on your to-do list? If not, I'd be happy to fill this page in. I've been working with the complete suite since 1999.
Ektron CMS400.NET (version 8.5 as of this writing) is targeted at Microsoft-oriented IT shops & developers building marketing-oriented sites. The company makes a determined effort to have some type of widget for everything under the sun, from document management to group spaces to calendar widgets to e-commerce & order processing, and on and on (with varying levels of depth & sophistication).Read more
Adobe Customer Experience Solutions ("ACES" herein) is a bundle of products including:
- Web Experience Management, which is essentially CQ5 and the other products acquired from Day Software (plus some enhancements since the acquisition)
- Digital Enterprise Platform, which is the new name for the formerly-named LiveCycle and CRX platforms.
The remainder of the information on this page focuses on the WEM/CQ5 product only. However, Adobe had now budled the products, so that new customers must (apparently) purchase the LiveCycle/CRX products in conjunction with their CQ5 purchase.Read more
Last updated by kattekrab on Mon, 2012-02-06 01:58
Squiz CMS is "a revolutionary open source content management system with a highly usable interface which makes it easy to create, publish and maintain engaging websites."
Here is a demo video:
Below follows a detailed breakdown of the main features, as well as what Drupal equivalents exist for replicating functionality.Read more