GSoC Proposal Template
This is still pertinent for GSoC 2013
All approved students will be asked to keep track of the pertinent details about their project in a central wiki page on this group. The following is a template for them to use to do this.
Current status: Describe briefly where your project is this week. Are you in the process of scoping? Are you working on a particular deliverable?
A brief summary of your project and why it's awesome, with links off to further relevant information (the original public discussion, your full application, etc.) if you'd like.
This section should contain a schedule for your project, including milestones. Work with your mentors to refine this. Split milestones into drupal.org issues, and link to those. Cross items off your list as you get them completed.
Rejoice Eat cake
May 23: Community Bonding Period
- Fax my Student Foreign Certification and Proof of Enrollment to Google
- Obtain CVS account on drupal.org
- Create d.o project (how-to: create, maintain)
- IRC/VoIP meeting with mentors
- Refine scope and timeline
- Create issues for first milestone in the d.o project, linked below
- (add tasks as necessary, this is just the template)
May 31: [name of first milestone]
Finish Views support - http://drupal.org/node/369262
- Add simpletests - http://drupal.org/node/276493
- (...some more issues...)
- Split next milestone into bite-size issues
June 7: [name of second milestone]
- Some other issue - [link]