Boston Drupal Dojo has a new home to meet twice a month! Our next meetup is Dec 28th
As we know, despite the overall job situation nowadays, for a Drupal developer/designer, things look pretty good. There are way more Drupal jobs and contracts than the local talent can fill. Way more.
While there are a tremendous amount of resources for those wanting to learn Drupal, it's important to connect and share experiences with other drupalfolk.
What's Boston Drupal Dojo?
Call it a hack night or whatever, Boston Drupal Dojo is a weekly opportunity to get together with other folks in the local Drupal community. No agenda. No speakers. Bring your problems, bring your solutions, bring your laptop.
With great anticipation of Drupal 7 release, we going to work on D7 projects only so we can all learn together from a developer, designer, admin, and site builder perspective. We may choose a charity organization in need of a new website as something we all can work on together.
The word Dojo (道場) captures what we're trying to create -- a place to practice and master one's art. Think of it as a place to become a Drupal blackbelt, a Drupal Ninja.
When and Where?
Our next meetup is Tues Nov 23 at 6pm Location will be announced
- We will focus on themeing/building/development on D7 projects only, if you don't have a D7 project going, you can start a project on Drupal Gardens, a free hosted D7 service, note, Drupal Gardens has a theme WYSIWYG and their contrib modules are built-in, so the environment is best to learn basic D7 configuration, D7 core, and exposure to awesome D7 usability improvements. Full Drupal 7 install projects is our primary focus
- We will meet 2 Tues in Boston with exception to our MIT meetup (first Tues of the month) where the Boston Dojo Group can join the rest of the Boston Drupal community
- There's limited space and we want to have roughly the same people show up, so a commitment to being there weekly is preferred
- Since we are all volunteers running Dojo and there's plenty of room to help:
- Food ordering
- Note taking
- Video to add to main Dojo site: http://drupaldojo.com/
- Communication with sister-city Dojos
- Curriculum development-add to the materials on the Dojo format
- Help with posting event on Boston Group Page
- What else?
Drupal Dojo Resources:
Group Page: http://groups.drupal.org/drupal-dojo