D7 video module has been arrived and having huge usage over last couple of days, even I could see lot of hits to my documentation site, so it means a lot of people are using it, that's obvious cause video module is the one and only complete video solution we had since Drupal 4.7. So you might keen to know how handy D7 video module is?.
Basically, we left some configuration interfaces as it is to protect consistency :o). Major changes areas are highlighted.
- In video edit page, we have all multiple autothumbnails creation, convert on save features additionally we added re-transcode videos, so now its easy to convert videos when failed or trasncode with new presets.
- We are using core image styles.
- We added an option to enable/disable publishing node when convert success.
- Player settings are same as older versions and we support HTML5 video.
- We have PHPVideoToolki as a trasncoder option and in later releases we will add Youtube, BlipTv, Vimeo and other transcoders. Multiple transcoders are capable of handling.
- We have Features compatible presets. You can download default preset for HTML5 Video Presets
- Video processor has been implemented with Drupal queue.
- Support Media module #1070510: Integrate with video module
- WYSWYG support.
- Video Filters for embedded videos in a node.
- Zencoder, Youtube, Vimeo, BlipTv and Archives transcoder implementation.
- Meta date extractors for video.
- Stream wrappers for Amazon S3
- .... and lot more