Though Initiative Owners are doing a fantastic job of keeping up with their individual initiatives, we've recently heard that the community would like more visibility on D8 progress in general. We've been trying to find the right format and we've got something for you to check out! http://drupal.org/community-initiatives/drupal-core
The D8 team of Initiative Owners and its supporters want to make it easier for you to find the most important issues to work on, so we've put together a summary page that we'll be updating it every two weeks, and more frequently on an as-needed basis.
The purpose of this page is to give an overview of progress of all the initiatives, as well as to let you know how each individual initiative is fairing and where they need your help the most.
Here's what's in the page right now:
1) High-level Schedule overview: the most important D8 dates are listed here.
2) High-level Progress overview: progress across all initiatives in 3 phases (discovery, design, development) are clearly visible
3) Calendar overview: Don't miss another important meeting, subscribe to this gcal, or check back on this page to see what's coming up
4) Initiative Info: A general overview of the initiative lead, and some important information links are centralized here.
5) Important places to help: Each initiative has important things they need your help with -- here's where we'll point you to the top issues to look into right now.
6) Scrum notes: We meet bi-weekly, and want to share the discussion topics and next steps with you all. Transparency about the progress and next steps will help you know how things are going.
This is only the first version of this bi-weekly information overview, but we hope it's useful for the community to see what's happening on D8 and to help you identify the most impactful issues for D8 so you can get involved.
If you've got ideas for us, or feedback on this format, please feel free to contact me on twitter at @svettes or via email