We are holding a Drupal Core Sprint from the 1st - 4th November in Gent, Belgium. This is during the same days that BADCamp takes place in San Francisco.
The meeting place for the tour tomorrow is around 10 at 'Het zuid' in Gent (Woodrow Wilson square)
- It takes a long time to get to San Fransisco and some of the sprinters feel they'd be more productive and avoid jetlags.
- We'd be able to get more people in one room together, especially on Field API.
- 92 hour coding sprint - When we sleep, SF goes further :)
The sprint starts at 9am the four days, except on saturday morning when there's a guided tour through Gent (Wikipedia) by swentel’s father-in-law :)
The location is at the Wunderkraut (formerly Krimson) office in Gent, see the google map for the exact address. If you enter the area, look for the 'Wunderkraut' signs on the windows, it's pretty easy. The exact address is 'Dendermondse steenweg 48A, Gent (Sint Amandsberg).
Coming in by train/airplane ?
- Take a direct train from Brussels Airport to Ghent - ask the information desk in case. There are 2 lines going to Ghent, but one is with an awful lot of stops.
- If you are coming by train to the sprint location from the airport directly, you need to take another train in 'Gent Sint-Pieters' to Gent Dampoort'. Then it's a 5 minute walk or call me so I can pick you up from the train station.
We are limited to (around) 20 people in the office. Not all people who have been contacted have confirmed yet, so contact me (see below) if you want to join in. You can always join from remote too, we'll setup a temporary IRC channel during those days.
The agenda is primarily focused on making progress on Field API, but other topics are scheduled because of the attendees confirmed at this point.
- Field API (widget, formatters, OO, CMI)
- Views in core (VDC)
Confirmed attendees for now
myself (swentel), yched, zuuperman, stalski, fubhy, seutje, aspilicious, fgm, amateescu, frega, kotnik, Florian, alexpott, pfrenssen, WimLeers, Bergie
Please help !
If you're interested in coming, please make sure you're familiar with one of the topics above. We're trying to be very focused here and get stuff done. New topics are welcome too of course.
- generous sponsors to help with food (fruit, dinner, lunch) & drinks (coffee right, but also water, orange juice etc) to keep the coding fast and the morale high!
- spare beds in the local Gent community, to host attendees that cannot fund the hotel nights.
- travel tickets to get people to Ghent from their country.
If you need more info, contact me (swentel) on IRC or through my contact form
Note: Thanks to alexpott for the review of my English :)