Dear Drupal Ladder project,
As we went on, we did provide some feedback in the comments of the lesson plans. However, because most of this feedback was - necessarily - negative, we also wanted
to just say thanks, for providing the structure that helped us to train up.
We finished the day with everyone discussing what we'd achieved. Here's a list of some of the advantages that people mentioned at the end:
- It was really useful to actually cover the basics and get it right
- "I understand what a patch file is!"
- ... and we all now know how to work with them
- Being able to experience group coding
- ... and sprint coding
- ... means you don't get stuck: people will help out
- All ten of us ended up at rung #5 on the ladder
- ... so now we can all start to contribute to Drupal
- The format worked really well and provided incentives
- It helped us dip a toe in Drupal culture and standards
At that end-of-day meeting everyone agreed that I should write this open letter on their behalf, just to let you know that overall it worked really well for us. Going forwards, we're hoping to do single-rung sprints during our regular OxDUG meetups, to hopefully get others who couldn't attend up to the same level.
So: thanks again, for all your work and advice!
jp.stacey, timjh, finn.lewis, gdvallance, helenc, wigglykoala, zerolab, iaine, tomwrobel and aaron.hirtenstein