Last updated by Thomas_Zahreddin on Sun, 2008-07-13 20:11
This page is going to capture all of the actionable items we discovered through the usability testing we did at the University of Minnesota. If these don't have links to issues, that means they haven't been created yet. Please help by creating issues (and, optionally, add a DROP task) and update the link here. Thanks!
Update 13th March - catch - I've added the spreadsheet the lab gave us after testing. This is the product of logging all the issues we observed from the 8 evaluators, then processing to find duplicates/related issues and setting priority. If anyone has time to go through some of these and add them as issues that'd be wonderful
- Resolve consistency problems in administration section: Why are user settings/post settings not in Site configuration with every other "Settings"?
- When you submit a form, sometimes you're redirected back to the form, other times you're redirected somewhere else entirely?
- Create content, content management, content types, content
- Site building - everyone goes there immediately to build their site. So maybe it should include, you know, more site building stuff (like content types) or just be renamed completely?
- Users want to search help
- Help by module is useless - users visiting this section don't know what a module is, or how to install one
- We wouldn't need the help section if admin screens were more self explanatory and had more inline help
Manage fields page
Create field form
All Issues listed to be ordered later
Change "story" content type to "article" or "news" http://drupal.org/node/197765
- Move fields to top level in Content Management http://drupal.org/node/227435
- split access rules into an optional module http://drupal.org/node/228594
- Re-work top-level admin categories http://drupal.org/node/228236
- Content types descriptions tweaks http://drupal.org/node/233200
- Improve understanding of add new fields http://drupal.org/node/227422
- allow field renaming when empty http://drupal.org/node/232448
- Remove comment controls for users http://drupal.org/node/175841
- DROP: Make drag and drop save button conditional http://drupal.org/node/226714
- Order list of roles on permissions page by # of permissions http://drupal.org/node/228061
- Remove menu from Manage Fields http://drupal.org/node/227421
- Make add new field form into two step process http://drupal.org/node/227439
- Preview feature for blocks http://drupal.org/node/213085
- Change explanation for multiple values http://drupal.org/node/227686
- Combine field name and field label http://drupal.org/node/227437
- Improve messages when there are no fields available or enabled http://drupal.org/node/227440
- Remove nested fieldsets on add field form http://drupal.org/node/227954
- PHP code for field value settings etc. http://drupal.org/node/227951
- Widget option appears twice when adding a field http://drupal.org/node/227945
- DROP task: Add autocomplete suggestion for "machine readable name" http://drupal.org/node/226726
So enough for everyone to be busy for months...
Thomas Zahreddin: added a copy of the spreadsheet with my remarks in coloum R.
|Kopie von umn-preliminary-usability-results.xls||783.5 KB|