Welcome to the users' and developers' portal for improving and maintaining Rules. This hub of ongoing developments within the Rules ecosystem is targeted for people interested in Rules news and for those coordinating and exploring new advancements to Drupal using Rules and its connected projects.
- A wiki for user-driven initiative planning
- Developer discussions on current topics
- User stories to give general feedback and reports
- Announcements for the Rules ecosystem
We use rules extensively, and once in a while need to find a rule or component that triggered an email (or similar). Here are some more words and a link to the module in github: http://bluetegu.net/node/11
As introduced recently we've started working on a new Rules UI as part of the fluxkraft project.
So after quite some planning and discussion we came up with some wireframes that should show how we imagine the new Rules UI to work. The wireframes are not very detailed - expect the details to change - but still the wireframes should show the overall idea.
So let's have a look at them and discuss :-)
Browse rules screen
The book Drupal Rules how-to is a good way to getting started in using the Rules module. It contains a number of step-by-step instructions on how to set up various Rules configuration, and short explanations on how the configuration works. The book is really a how-to: If your ambitions is to understand how the Rules module works, rather than just using it, you'll have to do quite a bit of puzzling yourself. It should also be mentioned that the book contains some inacurracies, and there are even some bad practice being promoted. The most impressive feature of the book is its span: It will really show you Rules functionality from beginner to expert level.Read more
Ladies and gentlemen,
it is my pleasure to announce that Bot Rules 7.x-1.0-alpha1 has been released today. It provides basic events, conditions and actions to integrate an IRC bot (using Bot module) with Rules.
What can it be used for? For example, to send new content/comments notifications to IRC, to retrieve data from your site ('Bot, how many new nodes this week?') and more, limited only by your imagination and skill.Read more
A few days ago I started a new project on drupal.org: Rules Bonus Pack!
As has previously been discussed, it is a set of modules with 'sandbox' functionality for Rules, that can be used, tested, improved – and also serve as a greenhouse for some features to go into the main Rules project.
I have already updated the project several times, and I expect to add more things every now and then. It contains a lot of things I have been wanting to do with Rules, and is now made much easier. Some examples:Read more
I'm currently working hard on the drupal 7 compatible 2.x version of Rules. So what's new?
- The whole API has been revised, so it's more modular, extensible and easier to use. So now all rule elements (conditions, actions, ORs, ANDs, LOOPs) are reusable components on its own, e.g. a module not interested in Rules could easily reuse just the conditions.
- New rule elements may be contributed by modules. Rules comes now with support for loops (and data lists) too.
Just finish releasing new module and writing the whole use case about it.
In few words - we had to fill the gap of some missing "building blocks" between Paypal, Drupal Commerce and Rules, and once we made it, the flexibility of recurring payments using Paypal is much stronger.
Any comment is more than welcome !
Hope this will be useful for others.
I successfully completed my GSoC project after a terrific summer and here I’m going to share my experience with the whole program and what I learnt from it.
I was very excited when my proposal got selected by the community but didn’t know where to proceed, at that moment my mentor klausi and co-mentor fago helped me; they gave me initial instructions about CVS, git/github, Eclipse and Drupal. I spent almost three weeks to understand how these stuff works. In the same time I was trying to understand Rules 2.x and somewhat entity. Rules 2.x in my opinion is a great module (fago is doing a wonderful work) with a large code base and I am also newbie to OOP, so I also thought it would take more time to trace the Rules code than actually doing my proposed stuff. But as we decided a weekly open meeting throughout the program, I got an idea about my work in first meeting; it was really a tough meeting for me to grasp. We (klausi, fago and me) discussed about whole idea with a shared google diagram.Read more
- varios rules to rule set
- how can i get returned values from rules_invoke_event_by_args ?
- Using rules to disable flag access
- Using VBO to change workflow state at cron maintenance
- Can't set data value using a filename
- Rules and Token Conversion Issue
- Rules + Features help (Rule is reverting with hook_default_rules_configuration but not saving)
- Need a Rule for 2 users that flag each other
- help writing a rule to add a purchased file to customer account after payment received - drupal 7 and ubercart
- How to identify if a user has 'clicked' the edit tab of an entity (as opposed to the view tab/page)?
- 1 of 5