Here is the visual discussion sketch of possible contents and related problems / dependencies of the first-time user help page. We kind-of nailed the contents of the help but it's interaction model, placement and relation with admin, post-install flow etc is still under heavy discussion.
Problems with existing content
- Confusing task structure and order. Should it be ordered or unordered?
- No intelligence
- No internal / external links separation
- No sorting by importance
- Is the amount of content optimal?
Proposed content structure
- Primary: Create content
- Secondary, internal: /modules, /themes, (site config, add accounts...)
- Secondary, external: D.O. links, "embassy of D.O in you site"
- Create content page
- Advanced help in core
- Installation profiles
- Prefilled content