[Note: This workshop is a component of this Drupal Kata Master Class.]
Preliminary discussions to establish website features to be included on the site. Website features have previously been defined (http://drupal.org/node/201891). We will reevaluate as well as open up discussion to what others may be beneficial. These discussions will help us finalize the architecture for the website and give us better direction as we move forward with development and design.
Topics to cover
- Requirement Gathering
- How to write a drupal based functional specification document.
- How to asses times for tasks and to break up the work
- Approaches to running Virtual Teams
- Ongoing monitoring of the work done/project management best practices.
- Waterfall vs Agile
- Establish process for open collaborative development
- Create guidelines on how to define and scope out projects and tasks
- Finalize Site Spec for Drupal Dojo (drupaldojo.com)
- Finalize site spec for Drupal Kata (drupalkata.com)
Projects and sessions
- Dojo redesign site planning (11/13/08)
- Dojo redesign site planning (11/25/08)