Ariane has just officially left her position as the co-leader of the Drupal Documentation Team, leaving me as the sole leader (see http://drupal.org/node/1402190)... I've agreed to stay on as Leader for the time being, but since I've been acting in a leadership role in the Documentation Team for a couple of years, and with the official title for more than a year, I'd like to put a time limit on my tenure as Documentation Team Leader. So I've picked the end of 2012 as the end of my term -- like Ariane, I don't at all expect to stop working on Documentation at that time, but I'd like someone else to take over as Team Leader then, so I can concentrate on other tasks.
In order to make the transition to a new Docs Team Leader as smooth as possible, what I'd like to do now is to find someone willing to serve as Assistant Docs Team Leader or Co-Leader (either way is fine with me), for the remainder of 2012, who would then be willing to take over as Leader at the end of 2012. (At which time, that person could find a new co-leader or assistant, if desired, and set their term limit too.)
I'm looking for:
- Someone who has shown a commitment to contributing to Drupal Documentation over the past few years.
- Someone who is comfortable and capable of taking on the responsibilities of Documentation Team Leader -- I recently wrote up a page describing these responsibilities at http://drupal.org/node/1399884
- Someone I am comfortable working with.
- Someone Dries will approve of if I make the case (as Benevolent Dictator of Drupal, he has final approval on who holds official leadership positions in the Drupal community).
If you're interested, or know someone who might be, please let me know! You can do so by:
- Pinging me in the #drupal-docs IRC channel.
- Using my comment form to send me an email message.
I hope to hear from you soon!