The Drupal Self-Help Group meets Thursday, April 19, 2012.
This week, Michelle Metts will introduce us to VoIP Drupal.
VoIP Drupal allows Drupal sites to receive or initiate phone calls and interact with regular touchtone phones, SMS, IM, etc., adding the power of voice and Internet-telephony to Drupal web sites. The possibilities are limitless.
In this presentation, Michelle will demonstrate how to configure VoIP Drupal with Tropo VoIP Service and make a script interact with a phone. If you want to follow along and set up your own VoIP Drupal installation, some advance preparation will be necessary.
- You will need a server accessible by it's domain name. It will not work to install VoIP Drupal on your laptop.
- cURL must be installed on your server. Most web hosts have cURL installed as part of their PHP package. If unsure please check with your web hosting company.
- Install the latest Drupal 6 from http://drupal.org/project/drupal. (VoIP Drupal for Drupal 7 is in the works, but use Drupal 6 for now.)
- Make sure you have Drupal Administrative permissions to enable modules.
- You will also need server access to upload and install modules.
- Sign up for an account on Tropo.com. The account is FREE until you are finished developing! Phone numbers cost $1 USD per month.
- Please also upload the Drupal 6 versions of the following modules:
Arlington Community Media, Inc. (Click here for a map)
85 Park Av., Arlington
- Dates: Alternate Thursdays
- Time: 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Take the Red Line to Harvard Square Station.
Transfer to the 77 bus to Arlington Heights (Mass. Ave. and Park Ave.).
ACMI is on Park. Ave. 1 short block south of Mass. Ave.
Take Route 2 to Park Ave. (exit 58).
Turn onto Park Ave. toward Arlington.
Go one mile to Paul Revere Rd. (1 block before Mass. Ave.)
ACMI is on the left.
Parking: There's usually ample parking on Park Ave., directly across the street from ACMI.