Drupal Payday: Getting Started with E-Commerce is a half-day workshop that introduces you to the building blocks of Drupal Commerce websites. Through several exercises and real-world examples, participants will learn strategies for configuring and running an online Drupal Commerce business.
Sign up today at http://www.larks.la/training
This class is for beginners with little or no previous experience and who would like to run an online store. Our experts from Exaltation of Larks will guide you through setting up your own Drupal Commerce website starting from the basics. (We will be using Drupal 7 Commerce.)
At the end of the day, you will walk away with the following:
- A functioning Drupal Commerce website;
- The ability to accept payments with credit cards via PayPal;
- Hosting your website and a basic understanding of web servers;
- An introduction to the user community that focuses on this technology;
- A basic understanding of SSL security and PCI compliance as it relates to your website;
- Connections with a qualified partner who you can turn to for support;
- The confidence to take the next steps of customizing and adding products to your new Drupal Commerce website!
During the course of this workshop, we will also briefly touch upon some light administrative tasks such as performing backups and installing plug-ins to extend the functionality of your Drupal Commerce website.
$99. For a limited time, use coupon code
PAYDAY-20-SANDCAMP to get 20% off.
What to Bring
- Bring your own lunch;
- Participants will receive a printed manual which outlines step-by-step activities;
- Please bring your own laptop computer and any power cables;
- Participants will be set up with a website on servers provided by our hosting partner;
- Preparation instructions will be sent to each participant before the class.
- An active interest in learning;
- Familiarity with the Internet and experience with using e-commerce websites and shopping carts, such as eBay and Amazon;
- Prior experience with any of this subject matter is helpful but you do not need to know HTML, PHP, CSS or any other acronyms.
We are holding this class at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD). For any questions about the venue, see http://www.sandcamp.org/venues