This is 2013's inaugural meetup! Come join the fun, learn Drupal and have a few beers!
1. Arbitrarily Sorting Content: NodeQueue vs. Draggable Views
Are you looking for a way to arbitrarily order your data? Do you need to do any of the following?
- Sort your slideshow pictures into an order that only makes sense to you
- Put your ecommerce products in a specfic order
- Organize your FAQs the way that you want them
Within the Drupalverse, there are two popular ways to do this: NodeQueue and Draggable Views. Both have different but similar feature-sets. In this presentation, Mike Herchel will walk you through the pros and cons, configurations and use-cases of each module.
2. Roundtable** Discussion
Have something new and cool that you've done? Need help with a particular topic? Stuck on a View? Bring it up at the roundtable**. This is your chance! Bring it up!
In addition, we'll have
- A [free] 20 minute Drupal beginner session/training for any newbies that attend
- A rundown of the top X Drupal modules - this is always one of our favorites
- Roundtable discussion - What have you done or learned in the last month that's worth showing off?
- A happy-hour / social event afterwards - probably at Harry's or The Top (both are within walking distance)! This'll give us a chance to nerd-talk over a beer or three :)
- When: Thurs January 10th, 2012 7pm-9pm EDT
- Where: the Alachua County Downtown Libary (401 East University Ave) Click for Map.
- Room: We'll be in the Foundation Room, which is up the stairs and to the left (follow the wall until you see the sign. Ask for help if needed).
- Afterwards: We'll be going out for food/beer/socializing at a restaurant/bar within walking distance.
- What to bring: Bring your laptop if you have one, if not, don't worry!
**Disclaimer: The table is actually kind of rectangluar.