The last Monday of every month, our casual group gets together at MIT (Tang Center, e51-057 (on the floor below the usual room for our meetups) from 6:30-8:30.
We also fire up a Google Hangout so people can join online. (Can someone at the meetup remind us all to join?)
For the first hour we explore the current state of Drupal 8. Each person comes prepared with 1 area of interest, suggesting a starting point to the group (see links below for possibilities).
For the second hour we test patches and post our results to the issue queue.
To be prepared, set up in advance with Drupal 8 and Git running on your local machine.
Everyone is welcome, though it is worth noting that the group is likely to dig into minutia. This get-together may be of limited use to beginners.
- Install Drupal locally (drupalladder.org)
- IRC help with installing Drupal 8 locally: #drupal-support or #drupal-ladder (you can ping kay_v with your question, or leave a message there)
- Browse the d8 repo (drupalcode.org)
- Take a look at the Drupal 8 Update on d.o
- Take a look at the Drupal 8 Initiatives on groups.drupal.org
- Take a look at pending patches in the D8 issue queue
Possible starting points (please suggest more in comments for addition here):
- The Node module is a good place to see what has changed from D7 module and theme code