would appreciate suggestions/recommendations on server architecture of new site. it's D7 and mostly logged users.
here's the available hybrid cloud resources and the initial plan. would like to hear more suggestions to get the most of existing setup in terms of optimization and caching.
dedicated web: 8cpus, 12g ram
- apache (http on port 8080 and https on 443), http port 80 will go to varnish in another cloud server.
- apc (opcode caching only, not integrated iwth drupal)
dedicated db: 12cpus, 32g ram, ssd
- memcache (just default config)
cloud server: (can use up to two 8gb instances)
- varnish (http traffic only)
things i consider but haven't figured out yet the best way on where to put them:
- drupal files (want to put it in dedicated web server as storage is enough), then probably serve images/video/media files in CDN
- solr/tomcat for Search. is tomcat a good choice? i noticed it usage a lot of ram from previous deployments. not sure if i can put it in one of dedicated servers or on it's one cloud instance.
thanks in advance