So I showed off a veerrrryyy brief presentation of ELMS and the Assignment Studio yesterday but we're working on A LOT of other projects / related projects. So, tonight around 7pm some of us are going to meet up to discuss ELMS and our initiatives at PSU in greater detail. The hope of this discussion is to try and get edu focused developers excited about this direction and start coming up with an attack plan for future development. This product will be available on drupal.org as soon as it's legal (http://drupal.org/project/elms just a name space at the moment and small description). Anyone is welcome to attend tonight though if they are interested in getting a deeper look at ELMS and discussing educational work in Drupal.
As a larger issue though, we will be talking about e-learning and drupal at large at the conference and (hopefully) here on the group as well. So, similar to yesterday, what is everyone doing? You don't have to stick to this form but it's a good start at least I think in helping others in education identify who else is possibly facing similar problems in the field:
- What company / university / school system do you work for?
- Geographic location
- What sector do you work in? (Higher Ed, K-12, edu consulting, other?)
- How long have you been in the field?
- Have you developed anything custom or is it all public modules? (if so, which ones?)
- What kind of Drupal Edu sites are you running? (courses, LMS, school site, department site, etc)
- Any problems you're currently trying to overcome? (code, administration or otherwise)
- Why Drupal instead of...oh, i dono, moodle or any proprietary system (like angel, webCT or blackboard)?
- How do you handle authentication?
- Anything you "need"?
Mine will be what follows..