What are the goals of the Media initiative?
- Foster discussion, cooperation, coordination, and support of media of files in core, Media module, File entity, and the various sub-modules that integrate with Media.
- Help encourage end users and companies to invest time and support back into the Media project.
- Increase communication within the maintainers of Media, and between the maintainers, supporters, and end-users.
- Agree on a community road map for progress.
- Organize sprints, sessions, and events for the initiative.
- Spread the word on the awesome work being done with Drupal and Media.
Who is a member of the initiative?
While the active maintainers of the Media module are considered members, there is no "official" membership. Any person or company who is actively contributing to the Media module, related modules, or media handling in core should be considered a member of the initiative. We define actively contributing not just with code, but also helping with the issue queue support squad, testing and reviewing patches, being active with question or answers in #drupal-media on IRC, writing documentation, financial support, etc.
The initiative is currently lead by Dave Reid. The initiative lead is involved with coordinating meetings, discussion and road map, being a "benevolent decider" for the project, and helping promote the Media initiative through Drupal events and sessions.