As an important step towards planning a Drupal 7 version of Commons, we've developed an initial set of user stories to make up the Commons MVP (Minimum Viable Product).
As part of the planning process, we'd like to get your feedback on these user stories!
It would be great if in providing feedback you could state your relationship to Commons (eg, end-user, current Commons site builder, considering starting a site on Commons).
You can view the user stories, organized by user role, in this public Google Document.
Some broad goals for Commons in Drupal 7 include:
- Provide a range of easy-to-use collaboration tools to help people organically share ideas and solutions
- Provide community managers with the tools they need to measure and support the community and fight spam
- Out-of-the-box usability on a range of devices (aka mobile support) (Desktop, phone, tablet)
- Providing a website that’s easy to set up for non developers and follows Drupal best practices
- As much as possible, have the technical components separate enough to be a flexible accelerator for site building
Following some discussion of these user stories, the next steps for Commons D7 development will be:
- Design/wireframing of key site areas (such as landing pages)
- Public discussion of Drupal architectural approaches to implementing that functionality
- A boat load of development (Are you signed up for the DrupalCon Denver Distributions sprint)?