I'm thinking of changing the time for the weekly Docs Office Hours.
Motivations and considerations:
- It seems like a lot of our office hours participants lately are in Europe, and 1pm West Coast US time is pretty late for them. (Probably not for Asian participants either, and there have been a smattering of folks especially from India who have been interested.)
- It doesn't work well for some North American folks either, just by chance (like they happen to have a meeting at 1pm Tuesdays every week).
- I'm not sure if we need Office Hours every week.
- Since it's been every week at the same time, and we don't have a way to create recurring events on groups.drupal.org, we have never created events for each Office Hours, so they don't get on the calendar.
So... What I'm thinking is that maybe I would set up a couple of times a month, at different times of day, so as to have some time that will work OK for everyone, and I would announce each one separately with an Event, so it would go on the main groups.drupal.org calendar.
I'll throw this suggestion out; I'm open to other ideas -- please comment below with your thoughts (the links go to a World Clock page that shows what time/day of week it would be around the world, for your convenience):
- First Tuesday of the month, Tuesday 9 AM US/Pacific time
- Third Tuesday of the month, Tuesday 4 PM US/Pacific time
I'm open to any times between 9 and 4 on Tuesdays too, but (sorry Asia!) I'm not really able to make it outside those hours. Thoughts?