After conversations with several DTLA group organizers, I've been encouraged to ask to be added to the list of Group Organizers.
We've previously discussed detailing a process by which a group member can be promoted to Group Organizer, but have yet to formalize or document this. So, I figured I'd get the ball rolling.
I've been a member of the LA Drupal community for 5+ years and have become an active participant in helping the local Drupal community flourish, most recently focusing on DTLA.
Here is a list of some of the organizing tasks I've performed (and will continue to perform regardless of title/role), in no particular order:
- Co-organizing meetups: planning event format, securing presenters, hosting event (MCing), event announcements on gdo
- Venue scouting / site visits
- Governance: participating in and helping to shape the conversation around DTLA group governance
- Raffles: securing raffle prizes, announcing/running the raffle, preparing and handing out raffle tickets
- Event/Camp organizing: from small tasks over the years to taking a lead role in planning DDCLA 2012
- Presentations: I've given a number of presentations at meetups over the last few years including talks on views, rules and features.
- Mentoring: sharing what I've learned with others
- Venue setup: chair and table setup/takedown
Please let me know if there is any further criteria needed to become a Group Organizer - I'm open to any discussion on this topic.
Thanks for your consideration.