Hi Pittsburgh Drupalers,
I would like to invite you to the September 2012 Pittsburgh Drupal Meetup.
Here are the details:
Location: room 4130, 4th floor, Posvar Hall, UCIS, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
7:00 - 7:30 pm, Doors open, socializing
7:30 - 8:30 pm, Presentation time
8:30 - 9:00 pm, Q&A time, socializing
9:00 pm and on, Even more socializing...
Drupal 8 will be awesome
Short presentation by Rob Wierzbowski
Rob W. will present an informal 1/2 hour about why "Drupal 8 will be awesome". He's been following some of the core initiatives and will discuss how they will make our lives better, and some that may give us growing pains. Expect brief overviews of Spark and WYSIWYG in core, the Configuration Management Initiative, D8 theming with Twig, Blocks and layout initiative, some responsive ephemera, and Views in core, with links if you'd like to learn more.
Rumors from DrupalCon Munich.
News and rumors from DrupalCon Munich 2012. Informal presentation by Lin Clark.
Please, come ready for the Q&A session: if you have some technical difficulties or you want others drupalers opinions, this is the right time to ask for help and/or propose your solutions.
Again if you would like to propose questions or your issue before hand, please send me an email, I will try to address them at the meetup.
Pizza and some refreshments provided by Max Novelli.
Few key info about the location:
- Thanks again to Mark Weixel and Luis Bravo of UCIS (University of Pittsburgh), we can use room 4130 in Posvar Hall at University of Pittsburgh.
- here is Posvar Hall location.
- The best way to reach Room 4130 is to enter Posvar Hall from the Schenley Plaza side, take the elevators to the 4th floor, turn left after exiting the elevator and then continue down the hall. 4130 is the last room on the right, before the hallway turns.
- The room has wireless access, but attendees need to register before the meetup. Info about the registration process and registration link can be found here. Click on "access request" to load the form. Please enter "man8", "08/14/12" and "08/15/12" in the "Host Username", "Arrival Date" and "Departure Date" fields.
Many Thanks to
- Rob Wierzbowski for presenting.
- Lin Clark for reporting back from Munich.
- Max Novelli (nitrosx, aka myself) for organizing.
- Mark Weixel and Luis Bravo of UCIS (University of Pittsburgh) for providing the location