Lots of users feel Drupal 7(D7) is quite slow, it's true if we're just using D7 without any performance tuning.
I'd like to share and discuss this topic with you, covering performance tuning from development environment, to online sites.
Make a good Drupal site with high performance.
6 years on web architecture, more than 2 years on drupal, worked for SingTel, DigitalChina, Cisco(outsourcing) etc.
- How to setup nginx to greatly improve webserver performance
apache vs nginx + fpm
- How to setup php opcode cache to greatly improve php performance
php opcode cache APC
- How to setup memcache to greatly improve site loading
- How to setup boost to enable static cache for anonymous and login users
- How to seperate your images from your website for scalability
varnish, storageapi, cdn
- Misc. tuning
- more TBD
Why my drupal site is so slow?
How can I start a fresh drupal site be scalable and stable?
What I can do when site approaches 100/1000/10,000 even more online users?