Learn about Drupal and meet local Drupal enthusiasts. We will meet from 6 pm until 7:30 pm.
The meeting will feature as many 10-minute presentations as time will allow on a topic that is interesting and useful for every level of site builder, from beginner to expert. This month, the topic is fields.
Fields are an important part of building websites with Drupal — important enough that they were added to Drupal core in version 7. In addition to the default field types and capabilities, fields can be extended and enhanced with contributed modules and custom code in a module or theme.
What are your favorite tips or tricks for working with fields? If you’d like to share one in a 10-minute presentation, submit it in the comments. It would be terrific to have at least 5 or 6 presentations. Here are some topic ideas:
- Core field types and when to use them
- A contributed module that adds a new type of field
- Field terminology (“widget,” “formatter,” for example)
- Ways to customize field output and display
- Working with fields in Views
- Adding fields to content that are not nodes (users or comments, for instance)
- How fields are stored in the database
- A case study of solving a particular problem with fields
Afterwords we are likely to head to local bar/restaurant for some food and drinks.