...with respect to the selection of the venue for the 2012 North American DrupalCon?
- Has a shortlist of cities been discussed?
- How can cities ensure that they are at least considered?
- Is anything cities can do to bolster their candidacies in the absence of the formal RFP process?
- What is the next step?
- When can we expect a decision to be finalized?
If would be good to get answers to these questions, and probably others, as soon as possible since the big venues are often booked years in advance.
In particular, if you have followed this group you'll know that discussions with the Palais des congrès de Montréal have resulted in tentative dates (14-18th of May 2012) for a possible 2012 North American DrupalCon in Montreal. But the conference center won't keep this booked forever and I need to give them an update as soon as possible.
Note: I'll also send a couple emails to the persons responsible in order to encourage a prompt reply.