This popped into my head for no particular reason - a module to encourage (proper) use of the drupal.org support queues. Real simple module to throw together, but I don't need any more modules to maintain - a good opportunity for someone's first contribution. Basic functionality:
- On the modules page, for each module with a 'project' key in the .info file, provide a 'Support' link.
- The first time a given user hits the support link, present an interstitial linking to http://drupal.org/node/317 and asking if the user has read and understood how to use the d.o issue queues. Remember the answer.
- If they've said yes at any time, redirect to the module's issue queue (filtered for the Drupal version). For core modules, go to the Drupal issue queue filtered on that module.
- Instead of redirecting directly to d.o, have a local page that emphasizes searching before posting and links to the issue queue.
- Maybe on this page display a feed of recently updated open issues.
- And maybe instead of simply linking to the queue, have a search box.