This is a discussion group for people developing with the Entity API of Drupal 7 or making the entity API for Drupal 8 shine.
Drupal 7 resources:
Drupal 8 issues:
- Check the META issue: [META] Drupal 8 Entity API improvements
Relevant Experience: 4+ years
Skills & Experience Required:
• Minimum 4 years of software development experience in PHP-Drupal.
• Advance knowledge of LINUX shell commands
• Understanding of object-oriented software development.
• Knowledge of JSON and XML.
• Working experience on HTML, CSS
• Working experience on any IDE like Eclipse, Net Beans
• Overall understanding of open source architecture like LAMP.
• Good verbal and written skills.
Let's continue sprinting on the D8 entity API at the DrupalCon Munich Sprints. There are lots of issues you can help with to ensure the entity API in D8 will be more sane - so help out and join us for sprinting on the Entity API!
- Friday, 24th August - at the official DrupalCon sprints
- Saturday 25th August - Sunday 26th August - we'll join the multilingual initative sprints!
A small team met in Paris at the office of Commerce Guys from June 3-5th to discuss Drupal's web services serialization and syndication format needs. In short, "OK, we are going to have all of this fun new routing capability, now what do we do with it?" More specifically, how do we go about serializing Drupal data for consumption by remote programs (either other Drupal sites as in the case of content staging, other non-Drupal sites, client-side applications, or mobile apps), and what protocols and APIs do we make available to manipulate that data?
In attendance were:
- Larry Garfield, WSCCI Lead
- Wolfgang Ziegler, Entity maintainer
- Dick Olsson, Deploy maintainer
- Damien Tournoud, Core generalist and gracious host
- Alex Bronstein (via skype), Core generalist
The raw notes from the sprint are available as a Google Doc, but as usual are rather disjoint and likely won't make sense if you weren't there. A more complete report is below.Read more
Let's have the next D8 entity API sprint at and right before the Drupal Dev Days 2012 in Barcelona!
Suggested sprint topics:
- Complete the conversion of all entity types to classed objects
- Entity property API
- Unifying Entity and Field storage systems
Let's have a D8 Entity API Code-Sprint in Denver on the regular Code-Sprint day, so we can move on in the roadmap.
Signup if you are interested to help moving the D8 entity API along - there is plenty to do!
I would like to introduce my blog post about Entity API http://www.trellon.com/content/blog/creating-own-entities-entity-api
Also I would really love to ask participants of this group to help to push Revisions in Entity API forward. The issue is http://drupal.org/node/996696