In an effort to streamline the design of Design4Drupal (D4D) Boston sites and create a branded experience for our camp, the organizers have been working on a series of logo options that will represent D4D as we move forward with the Camp. We're looking for your feedback as designers within the Drupal community on which logo option you prefer and why. The choice with the most votes will be iterated and used to represent the Boston Design 4 Drupal Camp in 2013 and beyond.
The goal of these logos is to create a system that can:Read more
Continuing through the process outlined here: http://groups.drupal.org/node/250768
The next step is for us to define success. It's easy to say "grow Drupal faster" but we need to put some hard objective (and subjective) metrics on the outcome of Drupal Marketing.
The questions to answer are these:
- What is our definition of true success for Drupal? How do we measure it?
- What is the distance between where we are today and that success?
What is it that Drupal does so well? How are we better than any other similar product?
What are the awesome things we can say about Drupal that nobody else can say about their CMS?
NOTES: This is a step in a planned Branding exercise that is outlined here:
Brand Strategy Purpose and Workflow
We are basing this entire thread on this simple idea: The purpose of undertaking the branding of Drupal is to accelerate the adoption of Drupal.Read more
I would like to propose a workflow for the brand strategy. While I don't want to get bogged down in "talk talk talk" and never do, it's helpful to have a process and a framework of what needs to be done so that it is useful and long-lived. Let's spend a few hours figuring out the direction Drupal should be moving first, then put the pedal down.
Here's the way I have done this in the past:
First, let's define our purpose: We are working on the Branding of Drupal so that we can _____________ Drupal faster than it is _______________ing now.
Update (04-03-2013): Adding source file
Update: wordmark fixed. Thanks to cweagans!
This is a D8 logo proposition. Please give feedback.
Last updated by wikki boy 03 on Tue, 2013-02-26 20:32
Do not remove any sites from this list. Just add and order sites as the best show cases for each category. Do not change the categories, they have been selected through a survey of over 1000 respondents. Only add sites that are better than the best in each category.
Here is the list of sites we are going with for the showcase:
* Adult - ExtremeGrabber
* Community - Team Sugar, Business Objects Diamond Community, AOL Developer Community
* Corporate sites Adobe - Flex showcase, Sony Playstation Asia, Yahoo research
* Intranet - IBM internal conference, Bestbuy Blue Shirt Nation, Yahoo (no link)
* Education osuosl.org, Harvard Science, Edutopia, Georgia Tech Research Institute,Firststep
* NPO - Indianapolis Museum of Art , Open Architecture Network, Amnesty
* News - New York Observer, Examiner.com soon
* Social Network - Popsugar, Ourmedia, Matador travel, IncBizNet
* Applications - Line rider, Sugarcrm, Civicrm, Playwidgets
* Faith - Vintage Faith Church, Drupal Church Sites http://groups.drupal.org/node/2700
* Advocacy - Big Ideas at Berkeley
o Open Source - Ubuntu, Spread firefox, Fosdem 2008?
o Politics - United Nations - End Poverty Campaign, Hillary Clinton
o Culture - Electronic Frontier Foundation,
o Environment - Lets Green This City, Post Carbon Institute
* Media - Gallery Forums, | Project Opus
o Music Jennifer Lopez, Warner Bros Records, Sony BMG Musicbox
o Radio Air America Radio, Canal Extremadura Radio
o Television Lifetime TV, MTV UK, Discovery Channel, Canal Extremadura TV
o Podcasting and Vcasting twit tv, Ask a Ninja
o Movies Fox Searchlight
* Event - Kentucky Derby, NASA conference collaboration
* Forum - Typophile
* Blog - buytaert.net, urlgreyhot
* Government - Whitehouse.gov, List of Drupal Government sites
The Drupal Association is within the next 3 months or so going to hold its first General Assembly, where new board members are voted in, and a budget for the next year is decided. So I'd like to get feedback directly from the community about what you feel are important priorities for the Drupal Association's marketing efforts in 2008, if possible along with approximate costs. This is a wiki page, so go to town.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is purely a brainstorming activity, and an attempt to get community feedback into the final budget proposal, since I am NOT a market-eer. ;) This proposal will need to be approved by the General Assembly, so there is no guarantee that everything here can be included in the final budget. But by making a strong case, there's a much better chance. :)
Let's try to have this more or less in shape by November 19, 2007 (about two weeks' time).Read more