This module has been officially released. Please see the Drupal Project Page for most recent information! The released version is equivalent to version 1.0.9 as released in this thread.
Summary: A module which provides blocks which list the next few events on a google calendar.
Similar Projects: CCK/Views/Calendar, Event Calendar, Google Calendar Embed
CCK/Views/Calendar does not (yet) provide compliant ical feeds, is difficult to set up, difficult to add/modify events
Event Calendar does not (yet) work properly with Drupal 6.x
Google Calendar Embedding does not provide many configuration options. It doesn't allow you to specify a number of events to display, doesn't display events more than a month in advance, and doesn't adhere to the drupal themes.
I wanted to use google calendar to hold the calendars for my site, since google is very easy+fast to add and change events and provides a compliant ical feed. I wanted to avoid synchronized calendars, since they tend to be buggy and fall out of sync.
Not really a module idea anymore, since I already wrote up the module. It uses simplepie to download and parse a google XML feed and displays simple html to configurable blocks. I couldn't see an easy way to add a project listing, so I figured I would post the summary here and see if there is any interest in it.
- Multiple (unlimited?) event blocks, individually configured.
- Public + Private calendars supported.
- Configurable timezone support
- Template support for display
- Configurable date/time format
- Configurable number of events to display
- Administration screens are NOT a mock-up - all options are functional (although the screenshot had to be pasted together because my monitor isn't tall enough)