The real power of Drupal comes from the thousands of contrib modules on Drupal.org. However, what happens when a contrib module has a bug or is missing a feature that you need?
At this meetup David Snopek will cover the basics of collaboration on Drupal.org (for everyone) and getting started writing Drupal 7 contrib modules (for coders and the coder-curious).
This will include:
- An overview of how the community collaborates on Drupal.org
- How to apply patches you find on Drupal.org (which may fix your problems)
- How to get your fixes included in a module on Drupal.org
- The basics of using Git
- The basics of writing a module for Drupal 7 and where/how to learn more!
- Some suggestions for tools to edit code, apply patches and run a Drupal development environment
While all of this information is important to learn anyway if you intend to use Drupal over the long-term - it will also help you get ready for the Drupal sprint we're hosting on Sunday, January 26th at Bucketworks.
This is going to be a super awesome event - I encourage you to consider coming to the sprint! You can read more about it and RSVP here:
The best food at a Meetup!
As always, Steve will bring some amazing home cookin'! We might not be the biggest Meetup, but we have the best food!
Bring your problems & successes:
Are you working on a Drupal site and hit a problem? Bring it to the meetup and we'll try to help you solve it!
Did you just create something awesome with Drupal? Or learn something cool? Show it off during a 5 minute lightning talk.