Greater Los Angeles Drupal Camp (GLADCamp) is a free, 3-day conference for All Things Drupal on March 7th, 8th & 9th, 2014, at the Hilton Pasadena & Convention Center in Pasadena, California.
We're planning a conference that's packed with 3 full days of activities, including sessions, presentations, trainings, topic-based summits, a job fair, a barn raising to benefit a local non-profit, receptions, and more!
Our community members are also planning their own events to coincide with the conference, including client meetings and company retreats.
Here's our tentative schedule for the next couple of months:
Session submissions start on January 25, 2014
GLADCamp is 3 days dedicated to all things Drupal, and we're looking for session proposals on everything including site building, coding, development, e-commerce, theming, design, performance, security, site showcases and case studies.
Training submissions start on February 3, 2014
Training companies and individual trainers are welcome to propose a training to be scheduled on Friday, March 7, 2014. We currently have two training spaces, but we might have more depending on demand.
Barn raising applications start on February 10, 2014
Continuing our tradition of holding "barn raisings" for non-profit organizations, we'll be reviewing applications from non-profits who would like to participate in a code sprint dedicated to building their website or adding much-needed features.
1st round of selected sessions will be announced on February 17, 2014
We're combining some elements of barcamp-style organizing with traditional conference planning, and will announce a preliminary schedule on February 17th. This is also when folks coming from out of town should start getting their travel arrangements together.
Final schedule will be posted on February 24, 2014
2 weeks before the conference, we'll have a finalized schedule so everyone will know which sessions to look forward to!
Who should attend GLADCamp?
- Anyone wanting to know more about how Drupal can help you solve your problems.
- Anyone wanting to network with others using Drupal in your area, either geographically or in your industry.
- Anyone wanting to grow their Drupal team, or be hired for Drupal work.
- Anyone wanting to give back to the Drupal community. The power of Drupal is in the community so contributing back helps us all.
- Anyone wanting to learn more about Drupal, past, present and the future.
- Non-profits wanting to learn how to use Open Source and Drupal to amplify your efforts.
What makes GLADCamp different from other events?
- In addition to being a DrupalCamp with 3 days of events, GLADCamp has a focus on “Drupal for good” and civic engagement and we're featuring a non-profit summit on March 7th and barn raising to benefit a local 501c3 non-profit on March 9th.
- This is the first time we know of that a DrupalCamp conference in California has also been in a hotel. Save time by staying at the Hilton Pasadena and you can attend the conference in anything from formal business attire to pajamas.
- We have open books and sponsorships are run through the Drupal Association, a registered 501c3 non-profit. Donations are also tax-deductible!
- Our organizing team is dedicated to transparency, accountability and professionalism and follows the Greater Los Angeles Drupal Governance Policy.
- Are you looking forward to warmer weather? Join us at GLADCamp, the sunniest DrupalCamp of the season!
GLADCamp needs you!
This is a free conference that's action-packed with 3 days of activities and we can't do it without your help. We need volunteers to help with the following activities:
- Join the session selection committee! We need a team that accuratey reflects our community and expected attendees;
- Help with info/registration desk (2 hour shifts); answer questions, sign attendees in;
- Picking up coffee and bagels on Saturday and/or Sunday morning;
- Be a timekeeper at sessions in order to keep our sessions on schedule;
- Join our video team and help record sessions and assist presenters with screen recording software;
- Design and print signs, posters and badges for GLADCamp; we can provide logo and brand guidelines;
- Wrangling volunteers for day-of tasks;
- Organize evening reception, including help finding a location near the Hilton Pasadena;
- Print designers: design and print common area signs, posters, badges;
- GLADCamp set-up and breakdown!
If you or someone you are know are interested in any of the following, please fill out our volunteer information form at https://gladcamp.org/2014/volunteer-information and indicate what you'd like to help with.