Drupal 7 login does not work on NGINX after enabling SSL with Letsencrypt, Resource temporarily unavailable

rkudyba's picture

We are on Digital Ocean, nginx/1.4.6 (Ubuntu), and I followed the Letsencrypt tutorial and the SSL cert verifies as valid. However the Drupal login to access the admin no longer activates and the page just reloads to itself. I enabled debug for the NGINX logs and below are the results. It ends with:
*recv() not ready (11: Resource temporarily unavailable). *

What's odd is our dev Drupal site works just fine. When I compare the logs the only difference is that this appears in the dev site:
**4 http request line: "POST /user HTTP/1.1"*

Below are the verbose debug logs. Any suggestions? sites-available recipe attached.

2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 write new buf t:1 f:0 00000000025F8510, pos 00000000025F8510, size: 239 file: 0, size: 0
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 http write filter: l:0 f:0 s:239
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 http output filter "/node/add/page?render=overlay"
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 http copy filter: "/node/add/page?render=overlay"
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 image filter
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 xslt filter body
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 http postpone filter "/node/add/page?render=overlay" 00000000025F8670
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 write old buf t:1 f:0 00000000025F8510, pos 00000000025F8510, size: 239 file: 0, size: 0
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 write new buf t:0 f:0 0000000000000000, pos 00000000006C6460, size: 132 file: 0, size: 0
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 write new buf t:0 f:0 0000000000000000, pos 00000000006C6740, size: 61 file: 0, size: 0
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 http write filter: l:1 f:0 s:432
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 http write filter limit 0
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 writev: 432
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 http write filter 0000000000000000
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 http copy filter: 0 "/node/add/page?render=overlay"
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 http finalize request: 0, "/node/add/page?render=overlay" a:1, c:1
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 set http keepalive handler
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 http close request
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 http log handler
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 free: 00000000025F76A0, unused: 0
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 free: 00000000025E6CC0, unused: 2666
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 free: 000000000263C350
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 hc free: 0000000000000000 0
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 hc busy: 0000000000000000 0
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 tcp_nodelay
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 reusable connection: 1
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 event timer add: 5: 65000:1453394401016
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 post event 0000000002681950
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 delete posted event 0000000002681950
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 http keepalive handler
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 malloc: 000000000263C350:1024
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 recv: fd:5 -1 of 1024
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 recv() not ready (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
2016/01/21 11:38:56 [debug] 12534#0: *6467 free: 000000000263C350

2016/01/21 11:39:10 [debug] 12534#0: *6442 event timer del: 3: 1453394350048
2016/01/21 11:39:10 [debug] 12534#0: *6442 http keepalive handler
2016/01/21 11:39:10 [debug] 12534#0: *6442 close http connection: 3
2016/01/21 11:39:10 [debug] 12534#0: *6442 reusable connection: 0
2016/01/21 11:39:10 [debug] 12534#0: *6442 free: 0000000000000000
2016/01/21 11:39:10 [debug] 12534#0: *6442 free: 00000000025E12D0, unused: 0
2016/01/21 11:39:10 [debug] 12534#0: *6442 free: 000000000263DDA0, unused: 128

AttachmentSize
sites-available.txt2.04 KB

Comments

config with Domain Access

rkudyba's picture

This was an issue with a configuration in the Domain Access module.

The "Domain URL scheme" should be set to "https://" and "URL scheme for accessing this domain" needs to be made "Active"

Just make sure the SSL certificate is created correctly because as this issue posits, "If https/ssl subsequently fails due to some issue for that site, admins will not easily be able to login and alter this."