Mentor Meeting - Saturday, 17 September, 2016 at UTC 20:30

alimac's picture
Start: 
2016-09-17 20:30 - 2016-10-01 20:30 UTC
Event type: 
Online meeting (eg. IRC meeting)

[Meta] Mentor Meeting - Saturday, 17 September, 2016 at UTC 20:30 in Google Hangout.

This is a specially scheduled meeting before DrupalCon.

To find the meeting ping mentors in #drupal-mentoring channel in IRC. See https://www.drupal.org/core-mentoring for the calendar.

Mentor Meta meetings are once a month, usually on the first Saturday of the month, at UTC 20:30. These are mentor meetings about mentoring (hence the "meta"), about upcoming events and ongoing Drupal core mentoring efforts.

Do you want to get involved doing mentoring but not sure what to do? Want to help Drupal mentoring be successful? Join us. All help is welcome:

  • people who can help organize us
  • developers to help us with Drupal.org issues that will effect contributor or mentor experience
  • planners to help with events
  • people with different skills who are interested

Share what mentoring successes and challenges you have had.

Comments

Meeting

dinarcon's picture

Meeting notes:

Attendees

  • Rachel (rachel_norfolk)
  • Valery (valthebald)
  • Mauricio (dinarcon)
  • Chris (cilefen)

Mentor Business

Mentorbot is now in the cloud. @todo @alimac to work on regular database checkins to the git repo. (still todo)

Core office hours format: Contacted Tim and there were a lot of differences in contrib and core mentoring approaches. This needs to be revisited during the Con.

Mentor Documentation: DA will move a bunch of content, possibly affecting mentor and sprint pages. What sections of the handbook do we care about?
* https://www.drupal.org/core-mentoring -- OK Sep 17
* https://www.drupal.org/core-office-hours (same content -- switch from alias to redirect) -- OK Sep 17
* https://www.drupal.org/contributor-tasks -- OK Sep 17

There are many pages that contain links with node ids. Needs review.
* https://www.drupal.org/novice -- OK Sep 17
* https://www.drupal.org/contribute/core (aliased as https://www.drupal.org/core with LOTS of important content under that alias pattern) -- OK Sep 17
* Issue priority, category, etc. docs.

@todo @rachel_norfolk Double-check that these docs are still in-place one week before Dublin. -- DONE

@todo @xjm look for issue from Austin about contribution guide and d.o; share with @tvn.

DrupalCon Dublin 26-30 September 2016

Leads

  • Sprint & Mentoring (rachel_norfolk)
  • Communications (alimac) -- @todo @alimac: Find communication co-lead.
  • Booth (dinarcon and mradcliffe)
  • Orientation & Demonstration (rachel_norfolk and dinarcon)
  • Novice Triage (valthebald)
  • Workshop (realityloop, rachel_norfolk)
  • Sprint Day Room Lead (YesCT)

Mentor Dinner

No official dinner - mentors encouraged to hang out in groups. Alternative: board games! Chat! Etc. @todo @valthebald: confirm that 24h sprint lounge at hotel is available Friday night.

Extended Sprints

@todo @alimac - create extended sprints signup spreadsheet for Dublin. -- DONE Extended sprint signup: http://bit.ly/dublin-sprints Rachel to make sure people know about this.

Booth

@todo @dinarcon - check if DA will provide a TV/monitor for Dublin. -- YES, they will! Aug 29

Ask Amanda in DA Slack - Will the booth be set up similarly to NOLA (will we have space for comfy chairs and socializing)? -- DONE. The booth will be the same size, but in front of a wall, not other booths, so it may look smaller. @todo Ensure booth leads will have access to exhibition hall.

Major issues triage sprint

Considering a major triage novice sprint because @cilefen is attending, unless busy with other stuff.

Communications

  • About mentor spreadsheet: http://eepurl.com/cao_jb -- SENT
  • About mentor events: http://eepurl.com/cdIr-1 -- SENT
  • About T-shirt pickup and mentor guide: @todo @alimac - will schedule for Monday morning EU time. @todo @rachel_norfolk to bring yellow electrical tape for branding mentor mentors.
  • About tool stack. Will need update depending upon resolution of Dreditor. Whatever we do, we need to give a consistent message to novice contributors about what to do. Give the message by the first BOF and at the Booth. Note that Dreditor might be replaced by Dublin, but dreditor.org will still be available if not. @todo @rachel_norfolk to check!
  • About last minute reminders before conference.

October meeting cancelled

October meeting was scheduled for October 1. The day after Sprint Day at Dublin and while the extended sprints are happening. It was proposed to cancel this one so the next meeting would be November 5, 2016.

Mentoring

Group organizers

Group notifications

This group offers an RSS feed. Or subscribe to these personalized, sitewide feeds:

Hot content this week