The following project initiative picks up on the fine work started with the Dojo 2.0 redesign. Aside from building a valuable site and profile, we will generate a wide range of learning materials and curriculum. We decided it would be best to create a separate group based on these factors:
- The primary focus of the Dojo should be on facilitating learning and mentoring
- While one use case of this site/profile 'could' be the new Drupal Dojo, it will be freely available to all
- The open development of this site should serve as a way to train people, create a wide range of learning materials, and interface with the Dojo and other complementary groups.
There are many great Drupal learning resources, groups, and tools but they can be somewhat disconnected and spread out. Our goal is to unify and bring these efforts together to provide a complimentary program and platform that serves all Drupal learning initiatives needs and efforts.
The Drupal Kata is a new project learning program that provides hands on training in a wide range of areas ranging from site planning, drafting proposals, project management, information architecture, development, design, infrastructure, to business and community. It does this by pairing apprentices with a mentor or mentors, thus gaining exposure to real-world scenarios and connections with the local and global community. The knowledge transfer allows apprentices to become proficient, contribute back to the community, and retain the skills for gainful employment in the field of their choice.
The evolutionary stages of the program seeks to follow through with the Drupal Dojo 2.0 vision by building off complimentary sites and collaborating with existing teams. A collaboration with the Open Media Project will provide a unique opportunity to craft a custom program to provide development help, training, and documentation and marketing on a regional level.
The following project initiative seeks to follow through with the Drupal Dojo 2.0 vision by building off complimentary sites and collaborating with existing teams. A collaboration with the Open Media Project will provide a unique opportunity to craft a custom program to provide development help, training, and documentation and marketing on a regional level.
Project Goals and Desired Outcomes
An effective learning, mentoring, and collaboration platform
Create a more effective platform to provide free online training, mentoring, and a showcase for Drupal. This goal encompasses these needs:
- Centralized repository for learning materials (video, audio, slideshows, documentation)
- Forum to attract, accept, and direct contributor time and resources
- Easy to use platform for real-time online mentoring