In depth theming and theme development in Drupal 8
1. Introduction to theming in Drupal 8. Review of standard and contributed themes
2. Using twig in Drupal 8
3. Using bootstrap theme and creating subtheme
4. Debugging and creating templates
5. Drupal 8 theme and preprocess functions
7. Creating standalone theme
QT hotel or National Library of Australia (TBC)
Canberra, ACT 2601
Drupal 8 development environments using Docker containers
1. Introduction to Docker and Docker Compose
2. Creating and managing MySQL and phpMySQL containers (multiple dbs, users)
3. Creating php container and linking it to database
4. Adding composer to php container and installing Drupal
5. Using Drupal in docker (source control, drush, adding modules using composer)
6. Extending Drupal with Drupal Console and codeception
7. Debugging Drupal
For the last meetup in 2016, Mr Nathan Wall the head of govCMS from Department of Finance will bring us an AMA (Ask Me Anything) session about govCMS. A list of questions have been collected from the community in previous meetup:
DrupalGov Canberra is back in 2016, bringing together the best Drupal talent in the country to address the challenges specific to the public sector.
Featuring a full day of sessions on topics ranging from strategy and management, case studies, technical delivery, DrupalGov is the must-attend event of the year for Drupal teams, professional and managers using or considering Drupal in 2016.
The event will be held at the National Museum of Australia on February 8th, 2016. An open call for sessions will be released shortly.
More information will be available on http://drupalgov.org soon.Read more
The next DrupalACT meeting will be held at 6pm on Tue, 31st March 2015. Come along to meet other Drupal people, share your skills and experience, and maybe learn something new!
Mick Pollard will give a talk about Developing with Vagrant.
We will also discuss this year's DrupalGov !
Similar to previous meetups, pizza and drinks will be provided and there will be drinks afterwards so if you don’t get a chance to ask questions at the session, there’ll be plenty of time to talk at the pub afterwards.Read more
The next DrupalACT meetup will be held at 6pm on Wednesday, 5th November 2014. Come along to meet other Drupal people in the ACT community!
With this meetup we'll get together to discuss future meetings, locations to get together, and asking what sort of topics people would like to learn about.
When: Arrive whenever you like, we'll start being there at 6pm
Where: Bent Spoke Brewery, 38 Mort St, Braddon, ACT, 2612 http://goo.gl/ET80CiRead more
Our Government client requires an enthusiastic professional to undertake web development for various intranet and internet sites using the Drupal CMS.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Sound knowledge and experience in implementing and administering Web Services across a corporate network.
- Knowledge and experience using DRUPAL 6/7.
- Knowledge and experience in MySQL databases and Apache.
Full-time, six month, contract position in Canberra, joining our Drupal project team as a content architect.
Managing stakeholders and designing the site wide architecture in a large corporate platform using Features; creating Content types, Panels and Views with a mind to consistency and sharing functionality; leading a mammoth content migration process… these tasks are just the tip of the iceberg.
Applications close 18 September - http://www.seek.com.au/job/27189325.