The steps involved in taking forward the Selenium test for Drupal.org initiative:
Link to drupal.org issue queue: http://drupal.org/node/991040
- Identifying a groups of people interested in building Selenium test-cases
- Working on Identifying critical tests
- Writing tests
- Working with the infrastructure team to run these tests
If you are interested in building Selenium tests and supporting the same, please add you name and the area of support.
|Name||Drupal userid||How can i support?|
|Shyamala||Shyamala||Coordinate the activity, Build Selenium tests|
The Selenium-IDE provides for a browser plugin to develop test cases.These tests can then be exported to any supported programming language.
Selenium RC comes in two parts.
A server which automatically launches and kills browsers, and acts as a HTTP proxy for web requests from them.
Client libraries for your favorite computer language.
Selenium Grid: Coordinates multiple Selenium RC at the same time, to help speed test feedback.
"In-browser tests are inherently slow, but since commodity hardware is insanely cheap nowadays there is no excuse for not running all these tests in parallel on multiple machines and dramatically speeding up your feedback cycle. This is exactly what Selenium Grid is about."
The Key Differentiator with Simple Tests are
- Resource utilization benefit on using Selenium Grid
- The Browser plugin that eases the preparation of test cases
- A more stable, capable iPhone driver
- Updated Android driver
For more information on Selenium visit: http://seleniumhq.org