Last updated by sadieswanson on Tue, 2012-10-02 20:29
The purpose of this wiki page is to develop a list of functional requirements for the Station module as development proceeds. The list is divided into Must Haves, Nice to Haves, and Future Considerations. Please add your own station's requirements to the list under the appropriate category with your d.o username next to each that you agree with. Please consult the group before demoting any requirement.
When a general consensus direction is reached on each requiremnt, these can be turned into issues at the Station issue queue http://drupal.org/project/issues/search/station
This list began out of conversations from the Drupalcon 2012 Radio BOF in Denver hosted by drewish as how to proceed in D7.
Show (or Program) Scheduler (drewhutchinson, sjeslis, sadieswanson)
- Down to the minute
- Create and edit all "on-air" times in one place
- Fields would be: Title, short description (times on-air), Image (large and tumbnail), Show Description (Body)
- Calendar view of all programs, Day, week, month
Playlist (drewhutchinson, sjeslis)
- Charting system to track top spins
- Flexibility to add custom fields without needing too much hackery
Now Playing Block (drewhutchinson, patricroma, sjeslis)
- On Air now (show) (sjeslis)
- Track now playing with cover art (sjeslis)
- Last 'x' number of tracks that played (sjeslis)
Audio archive (drewhutchinson)
NICE TO HAVES
- Musicbrainz and/or Amazon integration on playlist, catalog nodes (will catalog be in a D7 port? -ra)
For the schedule there are several options that may be defined. For show x that airs at 8:30 am every other Monday morning and lasts 2 hours it could be setup as:
- Scheduled at a full "calendar" level
- Repeating dates - April 2nd 8:30am to 10:30am / April 16th 8:30 to 10:30am etc...
- Shows are scheduled for a Day and time range
- Monday 8:30am to 10:30am (some how noting that it is alternating with another show)
- Shows are scheduled for a Week / Day / Time Range
- Odd or Even Weeks - Monday - 8:30 to 10:30
For the full calendar option is seems easy enough using views / date fields to create a "playing now" block. For the next two options it is less clear how to make that work.
For my case (joemoraca) option 3 would work best as it seems simpler to understand - but for determining what is playing now or today you somehow have to parse out week, day and time to match now().
Just to second this, option 3 is also best for us (sadieswanson) as all of our shows get scheduled on a weekly basis. If this was available we would definitely use it.