There's a great event called DrupalCamp Twin Cities going on May 18-19, 2012 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. Since the event is one of my favorites, I've signed up to attend and also will be organizing a Drupal 8 Theme Layer sprint on Sunday, May 20th (as well as during the camp of course!). The specific times and location are still TBD but plan on an approximately 10 AM to 5 PM sprint.
I'd like to focus on the first 4 items in our "to get this into core" google doc, as follows:
- Create a patch for the new attributes system (http://drupal.org/node/1290694)
- add a “remove” method to the attributes class to allow easy removal of classes
- Create a patch for the removal of specific process functions that flatten data
- example: template_process
- Create a patch to move system theme functions out of common.inc and back into system module where they belong.
- Get the twig engine in (to the extent of a single use case)
- Get the TemplateData object into core (before removal of render elements)
- Convert a single template entirely into twig syntax (comment.tpl.php)
- this will require conversion of all the variables
- this may require all the other nested templates (container, title, etc)
- this may require conversion of preprocessing